Thursday 25 February 2016

Favourite Occasion & WHY


It's Kat here to host this challenge and I shall start with a big thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge.  It was lovely to see all those fabulous shapes and fancy folded designs :-)

Our winner is:

Sanja Grdinic


This is full of pretty details and fun colours, and the shaped base is lovely



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are

Anita Kejriwal

Such beautiful arrangements of flowers and die cuts on this lovely stepper card



Crafty Kiwi Mama

This is beautifully delicate and romantic with such a fabulous shaped base



MaxiBelle Studio

A great stepper design with gorgeous colours and cute die cut details



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge






The sponsor of this challenge is

Bunny Zoe
£10.00
gif maker



This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Occasion (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



I've chosen a friend theme as I think 'just because' cards are nice to send for no other reason than to say I'm thinking of you. :0)







Samantha

My favourite occasion has to be Birth!  I LOVE that I am making something for a new baby a brand new little person... a new little someone to make lots of things for :)



Brenda


I love making birthday cards to celebrate my friends and family.  I want them to know just how special they are to me.  March and April are full of birthdays for me, so don't be surprised if you see more in the near future!




Elaine

I love to make cards for unusual occasions. They are a real challenge. The card I have made here is for a police passing out parade. 







Kat

Birthdays are my favourite occasion (especially girly ones!) because I love to personalise them for the recipient and it's a good excuse to put cake on a card! 





Lori

A favorite occasion of mine has to be a good 'ol birthday party!! I loved celebrating my kids' birthdays with them and now that they are older and don't do parties, etc., I thoroughly enjoy my nieces/nephews!!




Lorraine

I have chosen Birthdays as my favourite. I love the variety of styles, techniques and designs that this occasion allows. I am able to tailor my card designs to the recipients tastes and styles and enjoy creating with different mediums too.




Mojca

Well I love to make birthday cards, they can be so versatile, depending on the person you are giving it to. This one is for a really special lady who is an aerobics teacher and is always full of energy and always gets me filled up with positive vibrations :) 



Sarah

My favourite occasion has to be Birthdays. I particularly enjoy making cute female  Birthday cards to order a) to see if I can stretch my creative self and b) to make use of my ever growing stash!!





Squirrel

I love making birthday cards for friends, to help celebrate their special day.  It's great that you can use such a wide variety of images, and even be really cheeky with them too.





Suzette

I love birthdays but I don't want to know my age lol! the older you get the less you want to know but I do love the other bits of it. So I think this image works well for that occasion.





A favourite special occasion for me is a wedding or wedding anniversary or 
some one who turns 50. 
For this challenge I chose  a wedding card which I made a few years ago. I love it and it's still my favourite . Over the years I made quite a few of these cards in commission. 



So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite of our options.
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to win the prize.


Good luck, and happy crafting.

Hugs from the AYLI girls.




8 comments:

  1. Super inspiration and a great theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inspiration cards. I love to make anniversary and wedding cards myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for selecting my stepper card in last week's Top 3. I'm thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful makes. I love to make Mothers Day cards to thank our Mums for everything.Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Happy to be a winner & congrats to top 3! Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a buzz to see my card in the Top 3 this morning. Thank you ladies! Your DT work is always a constant source of inspiration and I feel deeply honoured to see my card up there. Thank you. Congrats to the winner and other two Top 3. Stunning creations ladies. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners!

    DT you have created such wonderful projects again. Thank you for the inspiration!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some fantastic inspiration from all the cards and designers.
    Hope it's ok to join in with this weeks challenge as it inspired me to make a card for my mum (Mother's Day).
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete