Thursday 11 February 2016

Favourite Fold or Shape & Why

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge and the task fell on me (Sarah) to pick the winner and Top 3...what a task it was too but after much deliberation I managed to make my decision and...ta dah
the winner is:

Samantha  Wade



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are

Glittertastic





Crafty Kiwi Mama





Imke

PTI-9h-Anniversary-Day-2-1


Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge






The sponsor of this challenge is

$10.00



This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Card Shape or Fold (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



I have always loved this shape of card which I create using my Go Kreate labels die. I usually like to team it with a circle shaped image too because I think it accentuates the lovely curved shape of the card base.






 If it's not square then the shape I would always go for first is round,
why? I love that I can interlock other circles into it and its quick and easy to die cut.
and to stop it from rolling away I just snip a slither off the bottom.




Brenda

My favorite has to be shaped cards.  I love all the Go Create dies that I see my teamies using.  Unfortunately I have not been able to my hands on any...yet.  I love the shapes you can get using the larger Spellbinders dies.  I cut the so the die is hanging over the folded edge as I have done for my card today.  I love being able to have my craft goodies serve double duty.



Elaine

I do like to play with new shapes of card. This is one of my favourite styles for the girly look. 




Kat

I really love making fancy folded or shaped cards but my favourite is the criss cross card because I think it looks so very special and it's fun to have a tag inside that you can pull out.



Lori

I came across this cool design of a card - I know it's probably not in either category of card "shape" or "fold" but it's really cool and I wanted to share it with you all....



Lorraine

I like making square cards but that's a little boring so once in a while I spice it up and make these...  a tri-fold shutter card. There are so many panels to decorate and embellish, although I have kept this one fairly plain, but I think they are very interesting and pretty to look at. 





Mojca

**coming soon**


Sarah

I love a stepper card, it's still flat enough for posting and the dimension is fabulous. It's also a base that can be dressed up or down.






Squirrel

It was a tussle whether to do a fold or a shape, and ended up combining the two into a "fol-ape".  I think it qualifies more as a fold though.  I love to see both, they always make cards feel more special, I'm just not very good at thinking outside the square




Suzette

**coming soon**


Wilma
I love easel cards. They are more than just a card.





So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite of our options.
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to win the prize.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking my card as one of your TOP 3 !!! Congrats to the other winners too :-)

    My new crafty home: My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the DT makes! Now, to think, what's my favorite...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so excited to see my Anniversary card for hubby pop up in your Top 3 today. Thank you so much, I'm honoured. Awesome DT creations for this challenge. You ladies are always so inspiring! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card designs from the DT, had fun playing along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there
    After submitting my card I realised that I might have misinterpreted the challenge, I was thinking shape as in shape to use on the card but realise after looking at the DT cards again it really meant card shapes as in round cards, or three folds. So sorry, please remove my link if inappropriate. thanks

    ReplyDelete